August 20: Selena just reached 13 million followers on IG! Congrats, Selena! :)
Selena reached 22 million followers on twitter!
10 Reasons Why Selena Gomez Deserved Ultimate Award at TCAs:
Selena Gomez walked away from the 2014 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday with the biggest surfboard of the night: The Ultimate Choice Award. The 22-year-old actress-singer-fashion designer — who will star in the upcoming Behaving Badly film — was praised for her body of work in film, music, and television. “Thank you so much! I have to be honest, especially this month. I cannot thank you guys, amidst all the stuff we deal with personally, you remind me what’s important: giving and caring about each other,” Selena said in her acceptance speech. “There’s one thing I want to say. I want to thank my mom so much. She’s the greatest human being in the world … she’s given up her life for me. Always love your mom.” The Stars Dance artist rides the wake of past legendary recipients, including Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Reese Witherspoon, and Ashton Kutcher. There were other options for this year’s Ultimate Choice Award honoree, but the multi-hyphenate starlet was an obvious choice due to her breadth of involvement in entertainment and philanthropy.
Here are 10 reasons why Selena deserved the Ultimate Choice Award: 1. She’s been acting since Barney & Friends (2002)
2. Her music is empowering and has a message of self-love
3. Her 2013 Stars Dance album debuted at No. 1 with 97,000 copies sold in its first week, according to the Nielsen SoundScan. She bumped Jay Z‘s Magna Carta … Holy Grail to No. 2 after a two-week reign, Billboard reports.
4. She was a worldwide sensation as Alex Russo on Disney Channel’s Wizard of Waverly Place from 2007-2012
5. She showed her versatile acting skills when she played her first bad-girl role in Spring Breakers
6. She had a tough start to 2014 when she sought treatment, but she managed to overcome her troubles and inspire her fans “I’ve done everything I could to the best of my ability,” she wrote. “Thank you for the unconditional love and cyber hugs. You inspire me.”
7. She uses her star power to affect change On behalf of UNICEF, the 21-year-old traveled to Nepal in May to raise awareness for the children’s needs.
8. She has also supported over 10 charities and foundations, including Ryan Seacrest Foundation, Stand Up to Cancer, and Alliance for Children’s Rights
9. Not only can she sing and act, but she is also a guest designer and curator for Adidas NEO
10. She always takes the time to acknowledge her fans for their continuous love and support
Taylor Swift followed Selena on Instagram!!!8.10.14
Think what you want about Selena Gomez and her seemingly endless romance chronicles with Justin Bieber. Her pal Vanessa Hudgens thinks the celeb is one smart chick. During a “finish the sentence” interview with OK!, Vanessa Hudgens revealed what she really thinks about her fellow Spring Breakers costar, Selena Gomez. The first three adjectives out of Vanessa Hudgens’ mouth were all positives—”so smart, beautiful, talented, and amazing” to be exact.
“She’s got such a great head on her shoulders. I’m just there [as her friend] to hold her hand and have fun with her. I just adore her,” voiced Vanessa.
SMG-News is now looking for new members! Since our return we are in need of about 6 new members.
- Please tell us your name, age, and where you’re from(including timezone)
- Do you speak English fluently?
- Name at least three places you would use to get your news/pictures, etc.
- (Optional)Do you edit/make gifs? If so please attach a link to them.
- What is the reason you want to join smg-news?
- Can you post at least twice a day?
Again, we are looking for about 6 or so new members, so please feel free to apply! We will be accepting applications through August 5th. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE.
July 23: Selena’s Facebook page just reached 60 million likes!
SMG-NEWS is back!
Our apologies for all the differences made on the blog.
A couple of days ago we had some technical difficulties, due these technical difficulties all the posts have been deleted and we no longer have a domain name! After a long discussion with all of the members we decided to re-create the blog and start all over again!
Somethings have changed and we still need to figure some stuff out, we hope everyone of you sticks with us through out these changes.
We would like to thank you for still following us and hope you still do in the near future!
We cannot wait to update SMG-NEWS again just like we used to!